Saturday, February 17, 2007

Six Organs Of Admittance: School of the Flowers

There are a lot of people out there doing fuzzed out psychedelic music, but among all of them, Six Organs of Admittance really stands out.

There is quite a bit of what you would expect, but with the haunting acoustic lead runs, and the mix of gentle vocals and sweeping soundscapes make this a band that will end up on your playlist more often then you may think on first listen.

There are times when I really sit down, and listen to music. At those times, I need some seriously complex, in-your-face lyrics and/or musicianship. Other times, I'm working, or talking, or doing something that requires my almost complete attention. At those times, I don't want Dylan, I want something like these guys. Their sound really fades into the background and creates a pleasant vibe that everyone can enjoy.

Anyways, these guys aren't a group that I am seriously on fire about. They are a group that is relatively obscure, but that I heartily enjoy. So if you are looking for some nice, mellow, trippy ambient sounds, give these guys a listen. You won't be disappointed.

Download



1 comment:

iainmspillane said...

I've seen these guys live.....they're pretty cool.
Thanks for the music.